Orillia Alliance Church – December 15, 2019
- Tom, brother of Paul and Karen, is in critical condition in a Peterborough Hospital.
- Joan has complications and values your prayers.
- Millie is having extreme difficulty breathing as she rests at her daughter’s home.
- Living for Jesus as they seek new space for this outreach ministry.
- Recent news from India informs of a group of radical Hindus who attacked and injured several Christians a during a prayer meeting. BHI has ministered in this same location.
- Pastoral Care or Contacting a Pastor:Please call the church number (705 325 2571) at any time and your call will be answered by either Pastor Bill or Graham. Requests may also be emailed to email@example.com .
Sunday, December 15: Pastor Graham will continue with our sermon series; God’s Grand Narrative as we study “God Makes a Way” from Exodus 14 & 15.
Christmas Eve Service: Tuesday, December 24 at 6 pm. This will be an informal candlelight service led by Pastor Graham with Jim Woolcott, from Living for Jesus, bringing a short devotional. It is planned the service will conclude by 6:45.
Prayer meeting: A group has been gathering for prayer concerns from our community and beyond. You are invited to attend at the Freeman home at 12 Cowan St from 7 pm – 8 pm on Sunday evening, January 5.
Church family luncheon: This is a great time of fellowship following the morning communion service on Sunday, January 5. Please bring items to share for lunch.
Kids’ Club: Children may go directly to their class, on the lower level, at 10 am. Rachel & Victoria will greet them with a snack and fruit juice drink before commencing the lesson.
Christmas Presentations: Several Orillia churches are offering special Christmas presentations during the month of December. You may view the dates on the wall to the left of the door as you enter the auditorium.
Men’s Breakfast be held this Saturday, January 4. Men, please join us for an informal get together and breakfast at the Curling Club beside Tudhope Park at 8 am.
Men’s Small Group: A couple of men have expressed interest in getting together for the purpose of study and prayer for one hour a week. This group will begin after Christmas and we will follow a study entitled “The Man Code.” Please speak to Gil for more information and to express your interest.
OAC Community Resources: Information cards are now available outlining the resources being offered to our community. These include ALPHA (life questions and marriage), Marriage Mentoring, Life’s Healing Choices and CAP money course. See our web page or ask Pastor Graham or Bill for more information.
Small Groups: Would you like to meet with others through the week for prayer, Bible study and fellowship? Please contact Pastor Bill or Graham.